Pollution Liability Insurance
When we present our clients with their options concerning various types of liability insurance, one liability coverage that we present to them that they have a difficult time understanding and comprehending why they even need this coverage is Orange County, CA Pollution Liability Insurance. In the course of doing business these days, especially if your company is a contractor such as an HVAC Contractor, Roofing Contractor, Painting Contractor, Paving Contractor, Renovation Contractor, or a Drilling Contractor, to name a few, may encounter various pollution risks from operations at their job sites. Contractors, in general, no matter what there particular trade is, face many potential risks such as an accidental release of fuel oil, contaminated soil disposal, toxic gases, or chemicals as a result of broken pipelines or utilities and mobile or stationary fuel tanks.
By acquiring an Orange County Pollution Liability Insurance Policy, it could provide coverage for a range of pollution risks that come with construction projects. In fact, a major reason that Pollution Liability Insurance Coverage exists today is that almost all standard liability policies issued these days contain a provision that will exclude coverage due to damage caused by pollution. If there is one thing we know for sure with the construction industry, there are an abundant amount of potential pollution exposures that could cause your business severe financial pain. If your company is not properly insured for these particular types of liability claims, the damage to your company’s bottom line could be devastating if a suit or claim were to be filed against it.
Besides contractors, there are other types of business that would benefit from having an Orange County, CA Pollution Liability Policy. Here are some other businesses who should seriously considering acquiring pollution coverage: Any company having anything to do with Agribusiness, Healthcare Facilities, especially Hospitals, Manufacturing and Processing Plants, Underground Contractors, and, especially, if your business has underground or above ground storage tanks.
Please remember there is a high probability that your California current general liability policy does not have coverage for pollution and environmental hazards, but an environmental liability insurance policy can be tailored to your specific company and its potential risks. These types of policies can be tailored for your company to cover such things as: environmental professional liability, transporter insurance, and storage tank pollution liability, and pollution liability. An Environmental Impairment Liability Insurance Policy could be used as a tool to assure lenders that were supporting the development or purchase of the property or to a potential new owner of your company, that these unknown conditions will be covered. By acquiring the proper Orange County, CA Pollution Coverage, your company will be protected against environmental claims such as pollution abatement, cleanup costs, and claims of bodily injury or property damage. As you can clearly see, Pollution and Environmental Liability Insurance Coverage isn’t just for oil companies and nuclear plants anymore.
By having an Orange County, CA Pollution Liability Insurance Policy, you can protect your business in two important ways:
1. First-party Liability Coverage can provide your business with necessary funds if your business were to have a spill or a contamination that would require extensive cleanup. This action could be necessary if any chemical used in your company leaks into the ground on your property. Your first-party environmental liability policy would pay for the cleanup effort on your property.
2. Third-party Liability Coverage protects your company from allegations that a release of a pollutant from your facility severely affected others around it. If this type of pollution affects others by contaminating the ground, or water supply or air supply, then third-party liability coverage would protect your business. Here is an example: a refrigeration unit at your packing processing plant springs an ammonia leak, which in turn contaminates the air, and as a result of these actions the residents from the surrounding communities are forced to evacuate. An Orange County, CA Pollution Liability policy could pay for resulting costs and possible damages arising from lawsuits or claims. Third-party pollution insurance coverage could also protect you if your company’s product causes pollution while it’s being transported by a third party, such as a semi or by a railroad car.
There are a wide range of companies that could benefit from an Orange County, CA Pollution and Environmental Liability Insurance Policy including those doing business as property developers, agribusinesses, commercial property owners, golf courses, and amusement parks. Enclosed is a partial list of other industries that could use an Orange County, CA Pollution Liability Insurance Policy:
- Manufacturing and Processing Companies
- Healthcare Entities (particularly hospitals)
- Retirement Communities
- Golf and Country Clubs
- General and Underground Contractors
- Remediation Contractors
- Recycling and Waste Disposal Facilities
- Businesses with Aboveground or Underground Storage Tanks
If your business would like to learn more about Pollution Liability Insurance, and how acquiring this type of Orange County commercial insurance coverage could be helpful to your company, PJO Insurance Brokerage in California would welcome the opportunity to discuss your options with you and help you develop a plan that fits your company’s particular needs.