Product Liability Insurance
With the advances that the Internet has made, it has never been easier to manufacture a new product and bring it to market with the potential of reaching millions of users in the simple click of a mouse. There have been more new products brought to market in the past five years than there have been in the previous twenty years. When we look in the complex business world in which we live in today, the simple procedure of producing and/or selling a product has become cause for concern, and, possibly, a product liability exposure.
This is where it is prudent business sense to have a Product Liability Insurance Policy in place as well as your Phoenix General Liability coverage before you actually distribute or sell your product directly or through a retailer or wholesaler. In most instances, it will not be what role your company will play in the product’s life, whether it be of a manufacturer, distributor, or wholesaler, the vast majority of companies that you will conduct business with, either a wholesale or retail operation, will, most likely, require products liability insurance on the items you are selling to them, and that is regardless of whether you have developed the product on your own or you are a sales rep for another company.
We stress to our clients that even if your business did all it could to take every reasonable precaution, unfortunately, situations do arise which could harm a customer, and your business could be held liable, hence the need for a Product Liability Insurance policy. In securing a Product Liability Insurance Policy, the insurance carrier has a duty to defend you in the event of a claim, cover the costs to investigate the claim, and pay out any settlement or judgment that be made against your company up to the limits of the policy.
- Architects, Engs & Construction
- Assisted & Independent Living Facilities, Skilled & Intermediate Care Facilities, Retirement Apartments & Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Bonding Insurance
- Builders Risk/Cost of Construction Insurance
- Child Care Business Insurance
- General Liability Insurance For Business
- Umbrella Insurance For Business
- Contractors, All License Classes Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Directors and Officers Coverage
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Fidelity & Crime Policies
- Pollution Liability Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Policies
- Property/Inland Marine Coverage
- Night Club And Bar Insurance
- Roofing Company Insurance
- Start-Up Insurance Coverage
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
In reviewing what a Product Liability Policy would cost, the premiums usually are based upon the type of product you are either selling or producing, the volume of sales, and what is the role that you will play in the process. There really isn’t a standard rate table for these types of policies because they are based on the specific type of product you manufacture, retail, distribute, or market. Some products that pose very little potential to cause harm or damage have a lower premium, and there are others that have a higher propensity to be risky, and, therefore, will command a much higher premium to compensate for the risk.
If you or your company are looking at developing a product or already have one ready for market, the professional insurance agents here at PJO Insurance Brokerage in Phoenix, AZ would welcome the opportunity to work with your company and put together an insurance plan that will suit your product liability needs.